Let me help you find the right words
Whether it’s a personal message or professional communication—a letter of thanks or protest, a position paper, or technical jargon that needs to be made clear for a lay reader— the right words make all the difference in the impact of your communication. I help you identify the desired outcome of your document and the best way to achieve it.
Since 1990, I (Elizabeth Cottrell—a.k.a. RiverwoodWriter) have helped clients publish books and write papers, polish correspondence, write articles and other content to improve visibility, establish authority in their field, and get their messages to the world. Communication is only effective if it:
- Educates or Informs
- Motivates or Influences
- Compels or Convinces
- Inspires or Encourages
You’ve got problems… RiverwoodWriter has solutions!
- You’ve got a sensitive letter that needs more eloquence and finesse.
- You’ve got technical information that needs to be made clear to a non-technical reader.
- You’ve got a publication, website, newsletter, or blog to produce and you need quality content.
- You’ve got reports, e-books, manuals, courses, and articles to write, but not enough time or confidence to get it done!
- You want to get that book out of your head and into the world.
- You need someone to proofread or edit your manuscript, article, or post.
Freelance Writing Services:
Faith-based and motivational content:
I seek outlets for publications that serve Christian readers. I also write and lead spiritual retreats to help Christian writers fulfill their calling and discover new ways to find and serve God through their writing. More Info on faith-based content
Articles and Blogging
I seek paid nonfiction writing assignments and will provide content for blogs and online or offline publications. More Info on articles/blog posts
Ghostwriting or Co-authoring
Get that story, article, or book out of your head and into print. More Info on ghostwriting or co-authoring
Technical and Business Writing
As a technical writer, I specialize in turning complex writing into simple, understandable language. Your engineers may do terrific work, but if your customers don’t understand your reports, it’s a missed opportunity to shine. I also help clients find the right words to address awkward, sensitive, or potentially volatile situations. More Info on technical and business writing
Editing and Proofreading Services
I polish your writing to make you look good. More Info on editing/proofreading